Thursday, February 8, 2007

Playing Baseball with Andruw Jones

If I could play any game with anyone in the world it would be to play baseball with Andruw Jones. My daddy was a center fielder in high school and college so baseball has always been a huge part of my life. As a child, we would go to Atlanta many times a year to watch the Braves play. Andruw Jones was always my favorite because he, like my daddy, was the center fielder! As I got older and started writing papers in school and researching, I always wanted to learn more about Andruw and how he became so good at what he loved. He was almost always the topic of my research paper and the more I learned about him, the more I liked and respected him. If I could spend a day and play baseball with him, I would ask him about his life in the Netherlands as a boy and about his love for baseball. I also think it would be a lot of fun to play a game with someone who is SO good.

No comments: